You can’t go through the month of December without baking something! I started baking these cookies last year and everyone fell in love with them and they really are absolutely beautiful and super simple. So get in your kitchen and stock your pantry with these items and lets get baking!
*Before you see the massive Ingredients list, most of this stuff is probably already in your cupboards*
White Chocolate Molasses Cookies
*Makes 2 Dozen*
- 2 tsps Ground Ginger
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp. Granulated Sugar, Separated
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 tbsp. Shortening
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 pack of Red & Green Candy Melts OR mistletoe sprinkles
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl mix together butter and 1/2 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar. Once combined add in molasses, egg, and vanilla.
- Slowly add dry ingredients until completely combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° during final 10 minutes of chilling in refrigerator.
- Scoop out dough and roll in remaining 3tbsp. of granulated sugar and place on a non stick baking sheet and flatten tops of dough slightly.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- Once cooled melt your white chocolate and begin dipping half of each cookie into the white chocolate, I went through and dipped my cookies twice to ensure a nice thick and even coating of white chocolate.
- Once the white chocolate has hardened melt the red and green candy and create your decoration as desired OR use mistletoe sprinkles and stick them on while the white chocolate is still runny.
I know it seems like a lot of work but it really isn’t that bad. They are so yummy and give a great presentation! I actually found this recipe on Pinterest and I’ll leave a link down below to the original recipe on Cooking Classy which is one of my favorite recipe blogs so go check that out. I couldn’t believe how easy they were to make. I made gingerbread men last year with my mom and it did not go so well haha They are much much harder than they look haha I’ll stick to buying the kits instead of going from scratch. I hope you enjoyed another day of blogmas and I’ll see you tomorrow!