When I saw the news on my notification feed I was so excited!! I am honored to be nominated for the Liebster award by the Beckoning Beauty Blog because Becca runs a fabulous blog and I absolutely love her posts and she is one of the bloggers that I can definitely see going somewhere in the blogging career. I am so proud of Becca and all her amazing work as a blogger and it means a lot to me that she actually nominated me for this award considering I look up to her as a blogger.
Thank you Becca for this amazing opportunity! ♥
To be honest I had no idea that this award existed until I got the nomination but after learning more about it I think it is a wonderful idea and very helpful towards unknown bloggers that want to make something of their blog. My dream is to say my blog is my main job and just have a part time job on the side haha. Anyways, the Liebster is an award where bloggers nominate other blogs with 200 or less followers in hopes to get their name out there and find more people with common interests to relate to.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (optional).
- Answer the 11 questions posted by your nominator.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that have 200 followers or less.
- List these rules on your post.
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
- Inform the people you have nominated and add a link to your post or The Global Aussie for all of the information.
10 Random Facts About Myself:
- I love toast.
- Every time I watch the movie No Reservations I dream of being a chef.
- When I was little I was slightly afraid of pineapples because I thought the spikes would hurt me.
- I was on a bowling team and loved it.
- I am obsessed with Lucille Ball and the show I Love Lucy.
- I had dreams of owning my own cupcake business, I even wrote up an entire business plan for one of my business classes in college.
- I have watched the entire M*A*S*H series three times.
- I sometimes hide the good chocolate from my boyfriend…….okay fine, all the time.
- I listen to Christmas music wayyyyyy too early, like September early.
- I am currently eating a bag of Hormel Mini Pepperoni’s.
- What was your first makeup product? I have always wanted to be just like my mom so when I was little I would watch her put her makeup on and she gave me a light brown eyeshadow from Bobbi Brown that I could wear to feel special.
- Who is the most influential person in your life? (Can be a family member or celebrity) My mom of course, she has always been there for me no matter what and always supported me in whatever I wanted to do.
- What is your favorite drink and why? Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time Tea, I love minty teas and this tea always relaxes me and it has become a nightly routine of mine to drink this before bed.
- If you had the chance of meeting any 3 people in the whole world of your choice, who would it be and why? Angelina Jolie, because she is such a wonderful person and she seems as though she would be very down to earth in real life. Lucille Ball, because she is my all time favorite actress and I would love to see that bright red hair in person if she was still alive. Alan Alda, after reading his biography Never Have Your Dog Stuffed I enjoyed watching M*A*S*H even more because the way he wrote his book and described himself was a lot like Hawkeye Pierce and even in his old age I bet he is still as funny and quick witted.
- If you could go back in time and give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be? LISTEN TO MOM! Washing your face twice a day and making your bed is a big deal.
- What are three places you want to travel to one day? Ireland, England, and somewhere along the East Coast.
- What is the meaning behind your blog name? Simply Ashley just seemed right because I didn’t want something crazy and hard to remember and I wanted my real name to be in the title.
- Where do you get inspiration from for your blog? Ever since I saw the movie The Perfect Man I have wanted a blog and then last year I started watching Zoella YouTube videos and I later ventured on to reading her blog and then Poppy Deyes’ Blog and it made me want a blog even more. Both of them also write about a variety of topics which is what I do for my blog instead of sticking to one thing.
- What is one food item that you can’t wait to get your hands on for Thanksgiving? Ham! I am not a huge fan of turkey unless it is leftovers and smothered with mayo and in between two pieces of bread.
- Do you have any pets? If yes, what are their names? I have an 11 year old Bichon Frise named Nikki and she is the best pet anyone could ever ask for, she constantly has me laughing and is always by my side.
- What makes you laugh your hardest? This one is tough because there are a lot of things that make me laugh hard so I would have to say my boyfriend Lee, Nikki, my mom, and my best friend Esther. On a side note my favorite joke always gives me a good laugh as well. What do you call a sleep walking nun? Comment down below what you think the answer is :).
My List of Nominees:
My Questions to the Nominees:
- What is your favorite topic to write about & why?
- Who is your biggest supporter?
- If you could work with any company/product on your blog, what would it be and why?
- What are your top three October Favorites?
- What do you want to achieve from your blog?
- Where do you plan on going for your next vacation?
- Do you like to cook? If yes, what is your favorite recipe?
- How did you discover your Blog’s name?
- What is your favorite pass time?
- What kind of TV shows or books do you enjoy?
- What item do you use on a daily basis besides your phone or computer?
I hope you all enjoy responding to these questions and I can’t wait to read your answers! Congratulations to all the wonderful blogs out there that have been nominated for this award and good luck on your blogging journeys. Thank you again to Beckoning Beauty for nominating me. Have a lovely day fellow readers!