It’s been a while since I did a cheeky little dessert recipe on here and this one was so amazing I just had to share it with you. When I pulled this beautiful dessert out of the oven all I saw was the best of both worlds. In just one dish you get a traditional camping delicacy and the typical household treat of a cookie. To me this would be the perfect dessert for kids to make or just to have something sweet and savory within 30 minutes. You literally just combine all the ingredients and throw chocolate chips, M&M’s, Hershey bars, and marshmallows where ever you want them to go.
When people make recipe blogs how many of you actually read this portion of the post or do you just skip to the recipe? I know I’m one of those people that usually skip through the small talk of the post and I go straight to the ingredients list and directions.
Before I get further into this post I would just like to say that this is not my creation and I have seen similar ideas on the internet, all I did was combine a few different recipes and add a few changes here and there.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips or M&M’s (I used both)
- 1 Hershey Bar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed up graham cracker
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease your casserole pan with olive oil or any non stick spray of your choice. When it came to choosing which pan to use I just picked out a smaller rectangular one so I would have a thicker cookie but it is really up to you.
- Combine Crumbled graham crackers and 4 tbsp. of melted butter and press into the bottom of greased pan to form a crust.
- Mix together the 1/2 cup of softened butter and add in sugar and brown sugar until completely combined. mix in vanilla extract and egg as well and mix again.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda and slowly add to the rest of the mixture until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips and M&M’s until evenly dispersed and throw mixture on top of graham cracker crust and make sure it covers majority of the pan, covering the crust.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes and keep an eye on it if you use a shallow dish because the cookie will cook faster.
- While the mixture is cooking separate each Hershey square from the bar and put to the side, once the mixture has been baking for about 10 minutes open the oven and sprinkle marshmallows and Hershey squares on top and continue baking.
Don’t they look delicious? When I first took them out of the oven I though they had fully baked but when I cut into it there was still a lot of uncooked dough and it was so yummy! I have never tasted such delicious cookie dough but I ended up throwing it back into the oven and baking it the rest of the way so I could actually cut into it instead of having to eat it with a spoon.
There isn’t a single recipe on my blog that I wouldn’t recommend trying and I hope that for those of you that have read some of my other food related posts, that you actually try some of them out. I really hope that somewhere out there I am helping complete someone’s dinner plans by giving them an idea for an appetizer, main course, or dessert.
I love each and everyone of you that read my blog and I hope that you genuinely enjoy reading my posts. Enjoy the rest of your week everyone and don’t forget to like this post and let me know what you think in the comments section down below. ♥